Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Manufacturing Technician
Who we are
Welcome to HMGCC, Her Majesty's Government Communications Centre. Where the most highly innovative and complex communication systems used by the British Government are brought to life. It’s manufacturing like you’ve never known it before. Ours is a world of pioneering products, custom one-offs and very special builds, so there’s always a new challenge to test your skills and keep your mind fresh. Add to that our brand new, state-of-the-art facility and the chance to safeguard our nation; it’s the perfect place to hone your expertise.
What you’ll do
What makes us different is that you’ll get involved in the whole printed circuit manufacturing process - from carrying out basic machine maintenance and chemical additions to providing creative manufacturing solutions. Working within our modern manufacturing plan, you’ll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of printed circuit boards while working with a variety of our customers.
- Get hands-on experience of printed circuit board manufacturing.
- Work with our suppliers to make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Design and produce bespoke, high-quality components within tight timescales.
- Take pride in your work and adhere to our procedures, policies and responsibilities including health and safety best practice.
- Ensure everything you work with is looked after and put back in its place.
- Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required.
What you’ll need
- A strong interest in printed circuit board manufacturing, and what it’s used for.
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade A*-C, including maths and science.
- To enjoy setting, meeting and maintaining high standards, and coming up with creative solutions.
- Be able to quickly adapt to unplanned changes.
- Love working with other people, and constantly strive to lean more and improve your knowledge.
- To always seek better and more efficient ways of working.
High-tech and modern with a real campus feel, our home at Hanslope Park is a Government centre of excellence. We ensure that the Government's cyber security is watertight, so of course our resources are world-class. Here, more than 500 of us (and growing) combine the creative adrenaline of a small-to-medium sized technology company with the in-depth resources and security of a rapidly growing organisation. Join us.
To find out more and apply, visit hmgcc.gov.uk
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
To apply to HMGCC you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 21 years old and primarily have lived in the UK for eight of the last ten years. In addition, one of your parents must be a British citizen, or have substantial ties to the UK.