As the world’s leading technology innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
Our growing Automation Engineering team are at the forefront of this, developing new products and technology that are released into our own Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC), along with designs for our Ocado Solutions business helping other retailers around the world to enhance their online fulfilment. As a Mechanical Draughtsman, you will play a key part in this, creating CAD models, assembles and drawings for these products.
So what’s the role?
- Creating CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications according to best practise and corporate standards;
- Thorough checking of CAD data before it is released;
- Ensuring the corporate standard for CAD modelling and draughting is followed by adherence, and by giving guidance to others;
- Supporting the mechanical CAD / PDM system to ensure availability to all users;
- Supporting and promoting the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data;
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments in mechanical CAD software, systems and data management.
What would we like to see?
- A thorough understanding of BS 8888 and the practical application of it;
- Excellent understanding of how to apply GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings;
- A strong history of using SolidWorks in a product development environment;
- Familiar with using a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM;
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production;
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practises;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We have revolutionised the online grocery world in the UK. Our technology is at the forefront of our business and it’s the people, like you, willing to challenge the norm to come up with innovative ideas that have enabled this. We offer a challenge like no other, interesting projects to work on and a sense that you are part of a team doing something different. In return we offer benefits such as contributory pension schemes, private medical insurance, life assurance, employee discount on Ocado.com and our speciality stores sites (Fetch, Sizzle, Fabled by Marie Claire) and an opportunity to continue with your career development. So why not come and join us on this journey.