Realisation Engineering Manager
As the world’s leading technology innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
Our growing Automation Engineering team are at the forefront of this, developing new products and technology that are released into our own Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC), along with designs for our Ocado Solutions business helping other retailers around the world to enhance their online fulfilment.
So what’s the role?
The Realisation Engineering team takes automation engineering project management accountability to make a new CFC a reality. They ensure the delivery of all central automation aspects (product development, supply chain, engineering planning, design and integration) and act as the central conduit for all aspects of a new CFC right through to ‘go live’.
In this new role as Realisation Engineering Manager, you will provide technical and people leadership for a growing team, their deliverables and overall strategy to ensure operational needs are met on time and budget.
You’ll manage and balance the work of the team, ensure effective communication and reporting across teams and stakeholders on project status and handle key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally. You will also have commercial responsibility as part of your role, formulating capital budgets, contractual arrangements, engineering variations, etc working closely with procurement and finance colleagues.
What would we like to see?
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to grow and develop a strong performing team
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider direct and indirect cost impacts on decisions and proposals of yourself and team
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using project software
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes, standards etc. (e.g. Machinery Directive, CDM 2015 etc.)
We have revolutionised the online grocery world in the UK. Our technology is at the forefront of our business and it’s the people, like you, willing to challenge the norm to come up with innovative ideas that have enabled this. We offer a challenge like no other, interesting projects to work on and a sense that you are part of a team doing something different. In return we offer benefits such as contributory pension schemes, private medical insurance, life assurance, employee discount on Ocado.com and our speciality stores sites (Fetch, Sizzle, Fabled by Marie Claire) and an opportunity to continue with your career development. So why not come and join us on this journey.