Ocado is an award-winning online retailer revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK, with a vision to implement the most efficient automated warehouses around the globe.
Our reliability, root cause and verification teams are already growing hugely in order to deliver highly reliable products and machinery to achieve this goal, and we're now looking for a talented Verification Technician to join the team.
Ideally looking for someone with a background in electro-mechanical product development/testing, this is an exciting and challenging role that will be pivotal to our continual development of new automation products and equipment. Travel to our other sites across the UK will be required.
Key functions of the role:
- Performing functional testing of electronic assemblies to required quality and schedule requirements
- Diagnosing test equipment related faults
- Assisting engineering with any ongoing investigations/initiatives.
- Supporting the reliability and verification engineers to define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems
- Identifying material and resource requirements for testing
- Ensuring full implementation of test plans.
- Managing and driving the product and rig testing
- Pro-actively identifying and managing any constraints/barriers which could affect testing or testing schedule.
- To collate, interpret and report the data generated via testing
- To support the identification of root cause and participate in solution generation
- HNC in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of electronic principles and problem solving techniques
- Ability to read and interpret technical data (including circuit diagrams and schematics)
- Methodical and analytical approach to work
- Pro-active with can-do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality
- Proficient in use of MS-Office
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately
- Experience of building and commissioning modular electro-mechanical test rigs
- Experience conducting pilot plant trials to support new product development
- Understanding of Six Sigma problem methodology
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.