Ocado is an award-winning online retailer that is continually reporting double digit growth. We have world class automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and after having revolutionised the grocery shopping market at home, we're now engaging in exciting new international business opportunities where we'll be implementing new CFCs around the world.
Due to this recent growth and success, our Central Automation Engineering team is growing and we're now looking for an Engineering Planner to ensure that multiple projects are planned and structured to complete on time, in a safe manner and within budget. The primary focus of the team is planning the delivery of UK and international CFCs, as well as supporting the Automation Engineering management team with wider projects and strategic planning.
- Create and maintain tools to aid planning of current and future projects, ensuring consistency of approach that enables global scaling
- Create, maintain, review and administer realisation and implementation teams' schedules and plans
- Keep the project team up to date on progress to present to key stakeholders
- Liaise with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Manage multiple projects and programmes, maintaining strategic plans & forecasts for projects
- Present planning information for project or departmental meetings
- Work closely with engineering supply chain to create schedules and help manage deliveries to site
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal
- Create plans and budgets to support OSP Solutions pre-contract bid activities
- Identify risks and opportunities in plans
Minimum skills/experience required:
- A STEM subject degree
- Demonstrable project planning experience in a related field
- Awareness of budget and financial management
- Strong communication skills (able to present in a variety of formats and styles)
- A balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
- Highly IT literate - MS Office and/or Google Suite, planning software (e.g. MS Project)
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of VBA and Google script
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.