Reliability Data Analyst
Want to to join a world-leading online grocery retailer with cutting edge automation engineering solutions?
Then keep reading!
Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing its own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and internationally!
Due to this recent growth and success, our Product Development team, who is responsible for and instrumental in the design, testing and manufacture of our innovative solutions, is growing rapidly.
If you have a passion for uncovering causes behind underlying data trends, then our new Reliability Data Analyst position could be for you. This role will focus on interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams to gather, analyse and interpret data trends for existing products, as well as implement data collection and verification for any new products' testing processes. Travel across other sites within the UK is probable.
- Determine key quantitative metrics that need to be measured, analysed and validated through testing for new products
- Develop and implement predictive numerical models and optimisation algorithms on input/output parameters for new products
- Establish and maintain key performance metrics dashboard and data visualisations for projects
- To support Reliability engineers in quantifying the impact on reliability of any design changes or cost down recommendations by collating, interpreting and reporting the test results
- Identify opportunities to improve or create new KPIs for existing and new products
- Extract and analyse key parameters from test data such current loggers, ultrasonic sensors, accelerometer etc
- Apply statistical analysis on big data sets/test data to drive decision making in reliability
- Extract statistics from existing products in order to drive improvements for next generation of design
- Create effective visualisation charts to communicate complex data trends to various stakeholders and senior management
Minimum skills/experience required:
- 1st or 2.1 (Hons) degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics)
- Excellent numerical, modelling and problem-solving skills
- Strong Python coding skills
- Advanced knowledge of SQL or MATLAB
- Experience of collating, analysing and interpreting large data sets to assess reliability of a component, sub-assembly or a system
- Ability to produce and present technical findings across all business levels
- Passion for identifying and presenting underlying ‘causes’ behind data trends
- A high degree of ‘Attention to detail’ is a must
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Willingness to learn and a “Can-do” attitude
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A statistics based post-graduate qualification
- Experience with reliability analytical methods (E.g. Weibull, reliability growth analysis)
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology
- Experience of coaching and running internal workshops on reliability tools & methods
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.