Technician - Water Services
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
We have countless skilled people working hard to keep our airport running smoothly. You could be one of them when you join us as a Technician – Water Services. You’ll be joining a diverse team of Technicians helping us to make every journey better by maintaining our assets to a world-class standard, and putting things right quickly if they go wrong. It’s vitally important, wide- reaching work. Our Technicians keep our passengers and planes moving. We look for people with solid technical skills, but you don’t need airport experience – we can provide all the training you need to get up to speed quickly and enjoy the infectious Heathrow buzz.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance and access to private health insurance. We also have a range of initiatives designed to help people in our surrounding communities get to and from work cost-effectively and sustainably, from free travel on local buses through to subsidised rail fares. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
Be part of the 78 million passenger journeys we make happen each year. An incredibly important part
Your Role Will Involve:
- Undertaking planned and reactive maintenance work on water assets, carrying out the installations, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Continually improving the various water services performance by investigating faults, working with systems that include extensive foul, storm, grey, potable and recycled water systems which must be available at all times to maintain the airport and airfield, public health and life safety systems.
- Following current environmental policies and finding opportunities to re-use, recycle or reduce waste and to minimise the environmental impact of maintenance activities.
- Complex control systems and pumping stations are used to monitor, store and distribute from tanks, attenuation chambers, town supplies, reservoirs and boosted supplies. Whilst ensuring compliance with consents, licences and permits at all times
- Working with various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, Electronic control systems such as VSD's, Automatic valves and penstocks, Flow, level and pressure measurement, Programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, Chemical handling dosing equipment and sewage pumping stations.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering experience as this Technician role will be working in a multi discipline team
- A City and Guilds/ONC/HNC/NVQ level 3 in appropriate Engineering discipline
- An NVQ Level 3 qualification and validated technical skills (gained in any environment)
- The ability to operate safely at all times in a demanding environment
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality.
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further. #LI-DNP
More searches like this
- Electrical Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineer
- Electronics Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineer
- Mechanical Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineer
- Systems Construction & Building Services jobs in Engineer