Technical Security Engineer
Esoteric are one of the UK's leading counter espionage, counter surveillance and counter eavesdropping consultancies and service providers.
We are experts in the provision of information security protective advice and countermeasures to corporate and government clients alike.
Our services include TSCM surveys, RF attenuated rooms, Physical penetration testing, Counter espionage training and awareness briefings, Electromagnetic egress survey, technical equipment supply and training.
We operate globally and count among our many clients a number of household brand names and world class corporate businesses. All have one thing in common - they understand the threats to their business-sensitive information and need help and advice from our leading experts on reducing their risk exposure.
We have an opening for an electrical/electronic engineer to join our growing company delivering Technical Security surveys for our clients at sites in the UK and overseas.
Our engineering ops team regularly visits client premises to carry out detailed technical and physical searches in order to detect and locate illicit eavesdropping devices. It is interesting and rewarding work.
We are looking for someone with engineering skills and experience, in particular with RF and communications systems. However, prior experience of delivering technical security installations, testing, searches/surveys is desirable. For example, candidates may have worked on access control systems, radio communications systems, alarm systems, CCTV, perimeter intruder detection systems or similar. Practical skills are important, as is an enquiring mind and the ability to work flexibly.
Experience and skills sought:
- A relevant qualification(s) in electronics, telecommunications or computing sciences.
- Experience of delivering technical security engineering tasks, operations and services using current techniques and equipment
- Prior training in security technologies such as CCTV, alarm systems, access control, perimeter intruder detection systems, radio communications systems, etc
- Experience of field work, working on external sites
- Training, qualifications or experience in computer networking and ICT systems
- Training and/or experience in military or police search techniques
- A broad knowledge of radio and communications technologies
- Interest in new and emerging technologies
- Good practical skills: operating test equipment, fault finding, repair
- Good working knowledge of Internet, Word, Excel and Outlook etc
- Able to work alone and unsupervised as well as an excellent team player
- Client-focused, professional, good at communicating with corporate customers
- Cost-sensitive and able to deliver value for money on all areas of TSCM business
We are open to people from all backgrounds, in particular people with law enforcement and military experience, as well as those with field engineering experience and recent graduates.
Apply for Technical Security Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly