Engineering Supply Chain Customs Specialist
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an Engineering Supply Chain Customs Specialist to ensure that international delivery schedules meet business requirement, satisfying multi-site demands in a transparent and timely manner.
- Ensure international delivery schedules remain on plan and meet customer requirements.
- Act as the focal point for the day to day tasks related to Importing and Exporting products
- Work with internal departments and (overseas) offices to ensure timely clearance of product shipments through U.K Customs
- Ensure Imports/Exports meet all UK or local authorisation & legislative requirements
- Monitor supply and demand, rescheduling deliveries where appropriate.
- Continuously improve processes to improve transparency and efficiency.
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum response and meet agreed service levels.
- Raise purchase orders, follow up, check deliveries against invoices and associated administrative processes.
- Maintain KPIs and report regularly.
- Undertake any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post and as directed by the Line Manager.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
- Experience of working with international shipments and customs, and handling Ocean freight imports
- Good knowledge of customs procedures and requirements
- Understanding of forecasting, stock control and Just in Time practices
- Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will occasionally be expected to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad
- Ability to work in dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Experience of shipping Engineering products internationally
- Qualification at higher national or degree level
- Qualification from the Institute of Export & International Trade