Ocado are a FTSE 100 business developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and Internationally!
This role will provide modelling and analytical support for the New CFCs Design team, Implementation team, and PMO team. Understanding and documenting of the business needs arising from the challenges faced within the Design, Implementation, and PMO teams or international bid support. Scoping and configuring bespoke solutions to specific problems.
Work across New CFCs International and UK delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process. Ability to assess and model the impact of proposed changes. Designing and modelling the to-be process, performing gap analysis and identifying areas for improvement.
Use of structured quality tools and problem solving techniques to facilitate and support process development and deployments, and improve existing data models.
- Take ownership of gathering and articulating user, business and technical requirements (both functional and non-functional), documenting accurately, to ensure all requirements that contribute to a business case and solution delivery are valid and traceable.
- Advise on the implementation of strategy and identification of technical options within business areas, using research information to inform and drive business options and decisions
- Explaining technical jargon to non-technical commercial teams and OSP clients.
- Simplifying requirements, so they are easily understood across the whole team.
- Business process modelling and improving business processes within Ocado’s project methodology.
- Support of existing design and implementation models
- Assist in the development of detailed CFC designs in conjunction with the CFC Design Team
- Assist in the development of business cases for the commercial team
- Identifying costs and business savings.
- Implementing, testing and deploying solutions to business problems.
- Acting as an advisor to senior managers and executive teams.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work for data modelling.
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets skills.
- VBA programming.
- Active listening and questioning skills; essential in gathering data and requirements.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving with the ability to see root cause.
- Investigative and influencing skills to dig deeper into a problem on own initiative.
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations to peers and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met.
- Implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experience capturing and clarifying business and service requirements, to distil and communicate these needs internally
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change