Senior Configuration Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The Specialist Vehicle (AJAX) programme will deliver to the UK Army a balanced, rapidly deployable medium weight Armoured Fighting Vehicles force.
The generic responsibilities are associated with ensuring that the Configuration Management processes and procedures are deployed and followed. That use of associated Configuration and Product Data Management applications is made. That baseline are configured, managed and released in line with internal GDUK and external customer requirements and expectations
Key areas include but are not limited to:
Responsibility for configuration identification and management of design and product data in accordance with company procedures
- Raise and maintain Product Baselines, including Bills of Material (BOM) where applicable, ensuring build standards are defined and repeatable
- Manage the Configuration Change Management process for product designs
- Coordination of the document review process
- Participate in technical and design reviews to ensure that CM activities are covered in line with the Integrated Project Plan;
- Liaise with and support Partners, Suppliers and the Customer on configuration issues
- Promoting consistent use of PDM (PTC Windchill) and provide support to users
- Conduct Physical Audits at Suppliers to ensure products meet requirements and ensure Product Baseline is established
- These responsibilities require effective, efficient and accurate operation of related business processes, practices and procedures
- Degree Qualified in a Engineering Discipline or HND/HNC with relevant experience
- Experience of working in an engineering/manufacturing organisation in a configuration role
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both written and orally, with a broad range of people including Lead Engineers, Programme Managers, Customers and Suppliers
- Technical awareness/understanding of engineering applications;
- PDM tool administrator/super-user role experience;
- Experience using Oracle ERP systems
- Working knowledge Computer Aided Design Packages specifically PRO-E (Wildfire 4.0)
- Able to work overtime as necessary to accommodate programme deliverables
- Experience of working in a MoD / UK Defence environment
- Formal Configuration Management Qualification (eg. CMII)
- Knowledge in the design and trial activities of Armoured Fighting Vehicles
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.