RF/Microwave Electronics Designer/Specialist
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 DOE plus Bonus and Excellent Benefits
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity, within the Datalinks Electronics Design Team, for an RF/Microwave Electronics Design Specialist.
The Datalinks Electronics Design Team is multi-skilled and supplies datalinks for our complete range of missile systems covering land, air and naval systems.
The role encompasses the definition, architecting and design of high bandwidth, high frequency radios; including low noise amplifiers, high power amplifiers, frequency synthesisers based on multiple technologies, filters and the design of interfaces to software defined radio circuits based on digital and FPGA circuitry. These designs must operate in harsh environments (vibration, shock, thermal, etc.)
The role demands close working with Systems Teams, Firmware & Software developers, Digital Electronics Designers and with other related teams such as Component Engineering, PCB Design/Layout, Mechanical Engineering, manufacturing and others.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role may span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues which will involve the need for international travel.
What’s in it for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to apply your skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about the team?
The Datalinks Design Team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic team, focussed on achieving complex designs to demanding timescales and providing a product that can be used to meet the needs of all our projects. The team is located together enabling easy communication and exchange of ideas and knowledge for the good of all in the team.
What we are looking for?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate the majority of the following attributes:
- Likely to be degree qualified in RF Electronics or a closely related subject.
- Proven ability to design complex RF Electronics including Receive & Transmit amplifier chains, filters and frequency synthesisers, from first principles both at block diagram level and at component level in the 10Mhz to 30GHz+ range.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to define frequency and level plans.
- Familiarity and experience of design to meet EMC & RF compliance.
- Knowledge and or proven experience in design / development of Software Defined Radio (SDR) would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of the complete product development process preferably for defence products.
- Skilled in the use of RF design software (such as ADS, CST, AWR, HFSS, Matlab & Simulink.)
- Proven hands-on prototyping skills & evidence of the use of both standard and complex RF Test Equipment.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver, or support the delivery, of quality products on time and to cost.
- Strong attitude to continuously learn and develop skills and competencies and to Mentor/coach others in their improvement activities.
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)