Resident Engineer, Body & Security
Location: Solihull or Gaydon
Type: Full Time – Permanent
About The Role
The Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Resident Engineer – Body and Security will act as the interface between Continental R&D teams, local customer and customer’s core teams based at Jaguar Land Rover in Gaydon.
- Provide customer on-site support on behalf of the TPMS project team
- Update vehicles with latest production intent components
- Assist with troubleshooting on vehicles and test boards
- Determine root cause and resolution to verification and test incidents
- Be the principle technical contact to the customer on behalf of Continental.
- Contribute to project planning
- Lead TPMS-related Vehicle and test board validation of car body functions at customer’s site
- Prepare and present responses to action items
- Participate in design reviews
- Assist with the failure mode and effects analysis process
- Manage and release TPMS calibrations per platform timing
- Generate and cultivate a network of contacts at customer
- Actively support vehicle launches at customer’s assembly plant/s
- Serve as a member of the customer’s project team
- Work collaboratively with dispersed global teams across multiple time zones/geographies
- Engineering degree (preference: Electrical Engineer) with good automotive electrical experience
- Knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover processes
- Working knowledge of car body electronics and vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge of CAN and LIN test tools (e.g., CANoe, CANalyser, KVaser, CANape)
- Engineering degree (preference: Electrical Engineer) with extensive automotive electrical experience
- Demonstrated diagnostics capability
- Knowledge of JLR project and plant tools
- Experience of vehicle level function testing
- Team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products incl. Project
- Strong sense of responsibility, act independently and proactively
- Full and clean UK driving license, ideally with D1.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance, Child care vouchers, Free on-site parking.
To apply please visit our website via the Apply button.
More searches like this
- Automotive Automotive Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electrical Automotive Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Automotive Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Systems Automotive Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Automotive Industry jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer