Power Systems Engineers - Opportunities in New Zealand
Ergo is a privately-owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy established in Auckland in 2003. We provide services to power generation, transmission and distribution companies, government departments and agencies, regional and district councils and organisations engaged in the primary industries sector. Our aspiration is to become New Zealand's first choice provider of electrical engineering consultancy services for infrastructure and industry. We are an inspired bunch of people, with a lively culture, based in a great location.
We provide an excellent working environment with many opportunities for the right candidates to excel. The diverse range of our projects offers exposure to, and responsibilities in, many different aspects of electrical engineering across multiple industries.
The role and you:
We are looking for self-motivated, technically capable intermediate engineers, with at least 4 years’ experience, to join us in our Auckland and Christchurch offices in New Zealand.
Your role will be to manage and deliver Ergo’s project work to meet client and Ergo requirements.
- HV/MV Substation engineering; including preparation of proposals, detailed primary and secondary designs, feasibility studies for new installations and report writing.
- Delivering quality projects to clients: within budget, on time, meeting client and Ergo requirements.
- Mentoring and Training of Junior Engineers
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients.
These are permanent full-time positions located at our Auckland or Christchurch office
To be considered a strong candidate for this role you will need to;
- Have 4+ years HV/MV Substation electrical detailed design experience. AutoCAD experience would also be beneficial, but not essential.
- Be committed to producing high-quality detailed designs that leave no questions unanswered.
- Have experience in managing projects, or actively contributing to successful project monitoring and outcomes.
- Have a strong technical knowledge of typical specifications, standards and codes and the ability to quickly pick up NZ specifications, standards & codes.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English) in order to effectively interact with colleagues, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Be degree qualified.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Be capable of demonstrating and living our values of agility, a genuine nature and an inspired, passionate approach to Engineering!
These are permanent full-time roles. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicants.
If you are looking to make a permanent move to our beautiful country we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with a cover letter and your CV