Design/Senior Design Engineer
- Job Type
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is part of Centrica - a global energy and services company dedicated to satisfying the changing needs of its customers.
CBS has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer to join our Engineering team within UK&I. CBS is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
- Location: Windsor, UK
- Travel: Office based, travel as required
Responsible for design of distributed generation projects across Solar PV and Battery Storage technologies. You will provide subject expertise in Solar PV and be willing to expand into at least one of the other generation technologies.
The successful candidate will own the technical solution, including coordinating with other engineers, for specific projects. Key responsibilities producing design outputs which are safe, compliant, and meet customer needs and working with internal and external engineers. Your work includes pre-contract, detailed design and post construction support. You would also be expected to represent the design/engineering function to key stakeholders, in particular to customers, sales and construction teams.
- Work within Centrica Business Solutions to deliver distributed generation projects for industrial & commercial customers, providing carbon, cost and resilience benefits. Projects range from 100kW to 10MW across a range of generation technologies
- Responsible for delivering safe and functional designs for Solar PV and Battery Storage projects
- Role model safe working practices and ensure the highest standards of safety in designs
- Strong subject matter expertise in at least one of Solar PV and/or Battery Storage. Willingness to build expertise in one or more other technologies
- Project engineering/management to lead design team and own delivery of safe, high quality designs which meet customer requirements
- Engage with teams within Centrica, customers and suppliers to support sales, develop our supply chain and deliver projects or customer
- Support strong growth in Centrica Business Solutions by taking on new responsibilities and developing yourself as the business grows
You are an electrical engineer with experience in solar PV. You will be comfortable in a fast growing and changing organisation, and able to adapt to new technologies, ways of working and job requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Design, consulting or similar expertise in solar PV
- Proficient in AutoCad
- Willingness to build expertise in at least one of the following:
- LV electrical systems
- Energy storage
Desirable, one or more of:
- Electrical, Amtech and Helioscope or PVSyst
- 11kV/LV substation and protection design
- Lightning and earthing system design
- Project management of engineering projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of commercial models for distributed generation
- Regulation and standards applicable to electrical systems and distributed generation