System Engineer - Gaseous Effluent Treatment System
1 day left
- Job Type
Rolls-Royce offers an exciting opportunity for Gaseous Effluent Treatment System Engineer to join our Nuclear business in Barnwood.
You would be employed directly by Rolls-Royce but would be based in the Edvance UK Bristol office.Edvance is the new name for Sofinel, which is the UK nuclear new build organisation. Hinkley Point C in the South West will be the first in a new generation of UK nuclear power stations, marking a significant milestone in the re-vitalisation of the UK's nuclear power industry and providing a clean, secure and affordable source of electricity for around five million homes.
The Gaseous Effluent Treatment System Engineer takes into account the lesson learnt from other EPR projects (FA3, OL3, and TSN) or KONVOI design, and ensures that the system complies with the H2 management requirements. You will be in charge of the system documents containing all the information on the design and the operation of their systems (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C). They are responsible for writing and updating the system design manuals (description, sizing, P&ID and I&C).
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we've been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
- Prepares the System Design Manual by describing the system, its role and missions (including the safety missions), carrying out the operational design of, sizing for the system and its components
- Drives the 2D mechanical diagram designer for the production of the Process & Instrumentation Diagrams and the population of components attributes in 2D mechanical diagram tool. They check the technical consistency of the latter
- Writes the I&C requirements and prepares functional diagrams for the data input into the I&C tools related to the project
- Assesses and incorporates supplier feedback into the design, updates the safety classification of the components of the system.
- Ensures the proper integration of the P&ID in the 3D model (verifies the 2D/3D consistency)
- Manages modifications related to the system, and verifies the consistency of these modifications and systematically challenges their necessity
- Provides information for the decision on the modification implementation prior to including them in the system documentation
- Develops technical solutions and presents them to the client to help resolve their technical issues
- Develops, uses, validates, maintains the model of HPC Hydrogen Management Tool
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineer with experience of gaseous systems
- Knowledge on atomic and nuclear engineering
- Gaseous Fluid, Mechanics, Chemistry C&I is a bonus
- Knowledge of EPR and the UK regulations related to Waste Treatment
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.