Construction Products Lead
Construction Products Lead - Construction Programme
BRE is proud to be part of a major Research and Development programme in the construction sector, together with a consortium of partners and stakeholders focusing on offsite construction and digital technologies and processes, known as the Transforming Construction Alliance.
This exciting new role is for a Construction Products Lead to do just that - lead the research into multi-disciplinary assessments of construction products and coordinate research regarding the testing, assessment and certification of construction products, particularly those related to innovation in modern methods of construction.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will also work with a number of technical and engineering specialists within BRE and partners across the UK regarding the wider programme.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre, with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research and knowledge generation.
- The role of the Construction Products Lead will be to:
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and Programme Manager to scope the technical work programme in this area
- Run workshops with internal and external experts to shape the technical programme for construction products
- Review the innovation in construction products that are driven by the move to offsite construction
- Understand the implications of innovation on the way that products are tested, assessed or certified to a range of disciplines such as structural, fire, acoustic, environmental, etc
- Lead and perform research and development into new test methods, working with a wide variety of experts across BRE
- Understand the standards landscape and support standards development, supported by experts in BRE
- Write technical reports and review the technical reports of others
- Attend regular and/or ad hoc technical meetings with partners in Coventry, Cambridge, and London
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have:
- Previous experience in a technical role related to construction product testing, assessment or certification
- Knowledge of standards, building regulations and codes
- Experience of performing research or development projects
- An engineering degree and be a member of a professional engineering body
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Proven ability to work on complex programmes whilst maintaining focus on delivery
- An understanding of offsite and advanced manufacturing
- Experience of preparing technical reports and other collateral
Location of Role
- You will be based in BRE in Watford however ad hoc travel will be required in the south of England or Midlands
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way
More searches like this
- Building Services Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Quality Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Safety Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Construction & Building Services jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer