Senior Software Engineer (BLADE)
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
To undertake design, development and testing of BLADE core technology and applications for programme delivery.
Provide senior level input to the BLADE team and to provide support and technical direction to bid teams and programmes as required
Reporting to the BLADE Architect, the Senior Software Engineer (BLADE) is responsible to:
- Develop software through the complete lifecycle, from concept to field-support;
- Develop models, using the appropriate products, to support demonstrations, bids and programme requirements;
- Contribute ideas to improve the overall product and GDUK’s offerings in general;
- Support demonstrations to the customer community;
- Provide training and support to the customer community;
- Work in a flexible, agile manner to support numerous competing demands;
- Occasionally, support installations, training and exercises at remote locations in the UK and abroad;
- Provide formal and informal mentorship to others as required, especially in areas of own expertise
- An excellent understanding of software engineering principles, an in-depth knowledge of C# and its use in application development;
- A good understanding of modelling and simulation, and its applicability to synthetic environments.
- The ability to design and develop robust C# applications and libraries from requirements and high-level design with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communications skills in verbal or written form.
- C# application development for Microsoft Windows, including experience of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF);
- How to develop robust multi-threaded algorithms;
- Version control and issues management;
- Software methodologies including agile methods;
- Testing methodologies, from unit testing to release management.
- Designing, implementing and supporting multi-threaded and distributed systems;
- DirectX, or 3D graphics in-general;
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) tools and technologies, e.g. Global Mapper, GDAL etc.;
- Communications protocols, including TCP, UDP, HTTP, REST and IP multicast;
- Experience with other modelling and simulation or military systems, e.g. VBS2, ComBAT etc.
- Driven to succeed and has a desire to improve and develop;
- Pride in their work and conducts themselves professionally with peers, managers and customers;
- Able to provide, and willingly receive, critical appraisal of work;
- Able to direct and lead others ensuring high performance is delivered by the team.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager