Production Test Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
- Testing electronic products
- To understand electronic circuit diagrams
- To fault find on electronic circuitry down to component level
- The use of test equipment to assist with diagnosing failing units
- To be able to follow instruction and work in a team
- Shift work/overtime may be required when business needs dictate.
- Carry out repair to component level of both newly manufactured and customer returned units. This will involve having the technical knowledge to use the supplied design data to diagnose the majority of both analogue and digital defects down to component level without assistance from other sources.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of programme related test equipment and tooling
- To seek guidance and take direction from more senior sources to enable the detection of more complex failures.
- Be prepared to support senior team members with both technical and administrative tasks as required.
- Be capable to prioritise own work based on a schedule and material availability to ensure adherence to delivery schedules.
- Produce associated programme reports and metrics.
- Be able to work on own initiative or as a team member with the ability to communicate ideas and issues to other disciplines by contributing to technical reports etc.
- Good Technical knowledge and ability
- Organised & disciplined
- To be motivated
- Ability to follow instruction (both written and verbal)
- Good communication skills
- The job holder should possess an electronics qualification such as C&G part III, ONC/HNC or degree or have proven solid experience of electronic engineering.
- Ideal position for suitably qualified candidates seeking their first role within the electronics industry.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.