System Saftey Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their safety and system engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of technically complex and challenging products. While exploring the boundaries of best practice, this will involve optimising the effort devoted to safety assurance, with the goal of balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems.
- In this role you will need to balance time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising appropriate evidence, is constructed.
- To do this, you will need to understand the system and its operating context, so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified hazards have been mitigated to the customer’s satisfaction.
- This will involve exploiting a range of techniques and approaches.
What’s in it for you?
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
- A variety of project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your system safety engineering skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- You will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of safety engineering, in a company with an excellent safety culture.
- You will have the opportunity to share in that experience and contribute to our learning as we continue to develop our approaches and techniques.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable.Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)