Building Support Assistant
Building Support Assistant
Location: RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £ 19,485.00 per annum
About the role
Here at Babcock we're looking to recruit a Building Support Assistant on a permanent, full time basis. You will be undertaking planned and reactive FM services within the facility and working in a service team, with the client, ensuring tasks are undertaken promptly & effectively. You will provide out of hours call out service as and when needed.
Working hours: Monday to Friday. Weekly alternate shifts 07:00 to 15:30hrs & 10:30hrs to 19:00hrs. Generous allowance on call out and snow and ice allowance.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be competent in all aspects of cleaning, porterage and manual handling and have knowledge of building service activities.
Would need to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Ensure FM activities are carried out safely, in compliance with Babcock H&S policies, best practice and legalisation.
- Ensure cleaning routines are completed in accordance with the cleaning programme and KPI's are met at all times.
- Carry out waste management including collection, disposal and monitoring of contracted services.
- Provision of a general handyman and porterage service.
- Carry out utility meter reading and reporting.
- Carry out/support Fire Alarm testing (weekly alarm tests) and Emergency Light Testing
- Carry out water temperature reading in compliance with ACOP L8.
- Undertake low risk minor mechanical maintenance
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role and will also need to complete a medical assessment
- You will be delivering a response & Out of Hours service for adverse weather warnings. (salting, snow and ice clearance).(1st Nov to 31st Mar each year 1 week on in 2)
- You will be delivering a response & Out of Hours service for Critical Jobs which are called through by the Helpdesk and be on Site within 1hr. (1 week on in 4)
- You must hold a full driving licence
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.