Overview of Role
Project Engineers develop and apply today's technology, managing and maintaining the application of current and developing engineering practices. With their detailed knowledge and understanding of current engineering technologies, they possess the skills and know-how to make things happen and play a key role in the successful delivery of projects. They have a detailed understanding of their recognised field of expertise and exercise independent judgment and management in the delivery of the allocated tasks across the full project lifecycle.
To deliver tasks allocated by Engineering Managers and Senior Engineers to the required time, cost, quality and scope:
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Innovative design of novel solutions
- Verification, validation (including conduct of trials)
- Preparation of design documentation
- Changes to drawings, material and constructional specifications
- Providing support for the completion of BIDS
- To actively and positively contribute to the design and development of new products / services
- To support other departments in the successful delivery of existing products / services.
- To manage own workload and the expectations of line manager, peers, internal and external stakeholders
- To comply with company policies and procedures
- To operate with integrity and be professional at all times, recognising their obligations to meet regulatory requirements (particularly safety within design)
- To proactively support continuous change programmes, identify and recommend process / operational improvements
Intrinsic Skills Required
- Have a detailed understanding of their recognised field of expertise and exercise independent judgement and management in the delivery of the allocated tasks across the full project lifecycle.
- Produce high quality documentation in accordance with company processes and procedures. Suggesting continuous improvement where appropriate.
- Understand how to tailor the work required to achieve a task within the constraints of company and customer requirements. Know how to deliver work efficiently in a controlled and structured way.
- Proactive in the design and development of new/modified products and services.
- Personally responsible for own continuing professional development; strives to strengthen skill base and extend personal capability.
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or Work-based technical knowledge and understanding, assessed as equivalent to the Formal Qualification.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications
- Full UK Driving Licence
Preferred Experience/ Skills
- Results orientated, natural problem solver
- Logical and analytical skills underpinning evidence based decision making
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Good general communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Honest, reliable, patient and flexible team player
- Practical with a hands-on approach when required