Health and Safety Technical Engineer
As Health and Safety Technical engineer in the Prevention & Safety Engineering Service Section, you will participate in the "Safety for Works and Services" activity.
You will mainly but not exclusively:
- Carry out diagnostics before work concerning pollutants in buildings and equipment, mainly in the field of asbestos risk.
- Ensure the writing of the reports and any technical assistance with these reports.
- Supervise the work of consultants carrying out the diagnostic missions in view of establishing and updating databases related to pollutants in buildings.
- Assist the departments in carrying out the treatment of pollutants in buildings, mainly asbestos removal operations.
- Perform the validation visits of the aforementioned fields.
- Deal with any complaints about aforementioned fields.
- Develop and conduct awareness and training sessions.
- Provide expert support during audits, risk assessments, technical reviews, project/experiment Safety support, etc.
- Stay up to date with the regulatory and technical framework and anticipate implications for CERN.
- Perform assistance missions in the field of safety for works and services, in particular by providing Safety support to joint inspection visits and preparatory visits.
- Evaluate and validate the relevance of submitted documents such as operating procedures, risk assessments, withdrawal plans, prevention plans, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in general occupational health and safety, and its related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in asbestos risk activity.
- Demonstrated experience in Safety for Works and Services in an industrial area.
- Good knowledge of French, Swiss and European regulations and standards concerning Safety for Works and Services.
- Occupational safety and risk management: mainly Works and Services Safety.
- Building diagnostics of pollutants.
- Drafting and writing of official documents.