Lead Buyer - Electrical / Electronic Category
The ISP organisation is responsible for procuring and managing supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Electrical / Electronic team for a lead buyer in the electrical / electronic domain in support of Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Supporting the development & implementation of MBDA Group Category strategy, pro-actively providing ideas and solutions.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
- Taking active participation, in multifunctional and international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects. Leading national multi-functional teams as required.
- Managing suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
- Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers Operational targets.
- Building strong relationships with Internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
- Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
- Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
- Identifying & securing savings opportunities to the benefit of MBDA competiveness.
- Raising & negotiating contract documents.
- Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- On-the-job training and mentoring in addition to supporting CIPS training for promising individuals.
- International travel will be included as part of the multi-national nature of the team, providing you with the opportunity to learn and work with other cultures.
What are we looking for?
- Significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications.
- Strong ability to read and interpret drawing data packs (essential).
- Experience in Electrical / Electronic technologies e.g. Test Equipment, Interconnects, Electronic Components.
- Competence in understanding of technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers.
- Good understanding of cost make up.
- Strong team skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development & career opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)