Lead Electrical Engineer – Arcola Energy
Lead electrical design and project management from concept through to delivery of electrical and and associated subsystems for automotive and off-highway fuel-cell/battery hybrid power trains, ensuring all project requirements are fulfilled.
Responsible for technical management throughout project definition and delivery Working knowledge of mechanical considerations in drivetrain subsystems to enable whole-system design decisions. Delegation of tasks to design engineers as well as performing them yourself where necessary.
• Electrical design from concept stage through to production.
• Capturing functional, safety and compliance requirements of electrical components and subsystems
• Component selection and procurement
• Modifying existing designs to suit new requirements.
• Manage all electrical design activities within a project
• Manage bills of materials.
• Manage project technical risks.
• Electrical safety management
• Management of project schedule, scope, quality, budget within Arcola’s project model framework.
• Preparation of FMEAs and risk assessments.
• Work with Mechanical and Software teams to support effective whole system design
• Work with Quality and Compliance Manager to ensure designs meet codes, standards and regulations.
• Coordinate delegation of tasks to design engineers.
• Supporting other Arcola Energy activities where required.
• The position is based at Arcola’s office in London but some remote work at customer sites will be required.
• Good degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
• Experienced in using software for electrical system design (e.g. Solidworks Electrical/DesignSpark)
• Experienced in development of DVPs and FMEAs.
• Experienced in development and implementation of test plans to validate designs.
• Experienced in project management.
• Strong understanding of electrical systems (batteries and BMS, electric machines, power electronics etc). Design, test, and production of systems comprising them.
• Willingness to work cross-functionally in the Arcola team.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £40-45k dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hrs/week. 9.30am-6pm Monday to Friday with half-hour lunch break. Occasional evening and weekend working (TOIL system in operation)
Holidays: 28 days annual leave, including public holidays
Probation period: 3 months
Access: Arcola Energy is wheelchair accessible throughout
Benefits: Free tickets to Arcola Theatre shows (subject to availability)
Arcola staff discount on food and drink in café/bar
Apply for Lead Electrical Engineer – Arcola Energy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly