Electrical design from concept through to production components of fuel cell and battery systems for automotive, off-highway, and stationary applications.
Working within Arcola’s Electrical Engineering team to develop electrical systems forming part of fuel cell hybrid vehicles and stationary applications. Generally up to 60kW, 800V, the role comprises requirements capture, subsystem design, prototype assembly and test.
• Electrical design from concept stage into production.
• Modifying existing designs to suit new requirements.
• Capturing functional, safety and compliance requirements of electrical components and subsystems
• Component selection and procurement
• Manage bills of materials.
• Hands on work assembling and testing prototype systems
• Contribution to FMEAs
• Develop and implement test plan (DVP).
• Work with Mechanical and Software teams to support effective whole system design
• Work with Quality and Compliance Manager to ensure designs meet codes, standards and regulations.
• Supporting other Arcola Energy activities where required.
• The position is based at Arcola’s office in London but some remote work at customer sites will be required.
• Good degree in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
• Experienced in using software for electrical system design (e.g. Solidworks Electrical/DesignSpark)
• Experienced in development of DVPs and FMEAs.
• Experienced in development and undertaking of HIL tests to prove designs.
• Experienced designing systems up to 800V
• Knowledge of CANbus communication protocol
• Strong understanding of electrical systems (batteries and BMS, electric machines, power electronics etc). Design, test, and production of systems comprising them.
• Preferably: hands-on experience working with systems up to 800V
• Willingness to work cross-functionally in the Arcola team.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £25-30k or £30-35k (Senior) dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hrs/week. 9.30am-6pm Monday to Friday with half-hour lunch break. Occasional evening and weekend working (TOIL system in operation)
Holidays: 28 days annual leave, including public holidays
Probation period: 3 months
Access: Arcola Energy is wheelchair accessible throughout
Benefits: Free tickets to Arcola Theatre shows (subject to availability)
Arcola staff discount on food and drink in café/bar