Electronics Technical Engineer
5 days left
- Job Type
- Design and develop custom-made, highly reliable electronics used in safety critical protection applications for the accelerator superconducting magnet circuits.
- Participate in the commissioning, operation and maintenance of the hardware components of the protection system for the superconducting magnet circuits of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
- Contribute to the development and commissioning of state-of-the-art automatic test equipment.
- Organise acceptance tests and ensure the effective reception of new electronics.
Ensure the availability of various protection systems during the LHC's operation.
- Prepare and compile relevant documentation.
- Maintain and update the databases related to the maintenance and operation of the various components
- Extensive experience in the design of both analogue and digital electronics with an emphasis on AC/DC and DC/DC conversion, filtering, FPGA and microcontroller based electronics, simulation tools and generation of PCB layouts.
- Extensive experience in the testing of electronics and in the measurement techniques.
Initial experience in power electronics and related controls (e.g. design of capacitor banks to store electrical energy, power switches).
- Initial experience in the development of state-of-the-art, automated test systems for analogue circuit boards.
- Commissioning and operation of complex industrial and/or scientific electronic systems.
- Assembling of electronic crates, racks and cabinets.
- Design of high-voltage electronic circuits (< 2.5 kV).
- Design in signal integrity and EMC electronics.