Senior Production Technologist - Spirit Energy
Senior Production Technologist - Role overview
The Senior Production Technologist role is within Spirit Energy. The job holder will provide production technology functional support to the asset teams to ensure that Spirit Energy is maximizing value from its production portfolio.
Senior Production Technologist - What will you be doing in your new role?
- Supporting the Production Performance Manager to run short, medium and long-term initiatives within the Production Department
- Provide technical support for well and system network modelling to the asset based production engineers (PETEX Suite)
- Support the asset teams in maturation of technical solutions for well interventions focused on production optimisation
- Supporting assets to ensure adherence to the Spirit Energy Production Management Standard with focus on
- The facilitation of asset choke model workshops, supporting the assets with the development and ongoing maintenance of asset choke models
- Supporting the assets in the identification of opportunities through participation and facilitation of PtLs, Well by Well Reviews, RCAs etc
- Provide support in the management of production improving opportunities from identification through to execution
- Provide Production Support in the implementation of PI Vision Software across the operated assets, well operating envelope development end exception-based surveillance
- Develop and maintain Locked in Potential overview through use of the opportunity register
- Identify technologies that could aid Spirit Energy in maximising production from new and existing wells
- Assist in field development planning in front end completion design and artificial lift design (ESP/Gas Lift)
Senior Production Technologist - Key knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technical recommendations in well interventions and completion design
- Key skills with well and network modelling (PETEX Suite) as a basic requirement. Ability to use OLGA and Netool would be beneficial
- Knowledge of halite and calcium scaling potential/formation envelopes would be beneficial
- Programming skills and experience with open server (PETEX Suite) would be beneficial
- The ability to influence others without necessarily having line management authority. The relationship with the choke owners and the service delivery groups is key. Including strong communication / presentation/ writing skills
- Proficient in the use of real time data analysis tools (ie PI)
- Experience with Stimulation/Frac Design, Sand Management and Well Interventions would be beneficial
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineer, Chemical Engineering or equivalent/higher degree
- Prior experience in production optimisation of wells and offshore processing facilities is required, preferably with a subsurface background
- Proven use of well and network modelling software
- Setting of well maximum production potential, production loss reporting, root cause analysis
- Prior experience of Well & Reservoir Management activities on operated assets
- Well intervention and workover opportunity identification, maturation and execution. Prior experience in production optimization in mature gas wells preferred
- Completion and Artificial lift design
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?
Spirit Energy are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and welcomes all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following; race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.