Pipelines and Risers Technical Authority - Spirit Energy
The purpose of the Pipelines and Risers Technical Authority is to ensure best practice execution of technical activities of Capital Projects and Operations in Pipeline Engineering.
- Acts as the company Pipelines and Risers Technical Authority (TA1) to safeguard, support and assure the Asset Integrity and Process Safety of our Assets
- Provides Pipeline Engineering support to and Assurance of the delivery of capital projects
- Lead the delivery of Pipeline Engineering activities and develop resource and capability plans in support of business requirements
- Provide service to and collaborates closely with Asset Managers, Operations Managers and Senior Project Managers
What will you be doing in your new role?
- Accountable for the delivery and quality of all Pipeline engineering work (internal & external) for operated assets and capital projects. Acts as company Technical Authority.
- Provides clear direction and assurance to compliance with statutory legislation in respect of Pipelines and Risers Major Accident Hazard management
- Lead the Pipeline engineering resource and managed service provision to deliver business plans for pipeline engineering activities within Operated Assets and Capital Projects including Asset and Production Integrity support activities.
- Assess and manage Operational Production and Integrity Pipeline Engineering problems to determine root causes and identify practical solutions for delivery
- Act as custodian of discipline engineering standards and Asset Engineering documentation and assure their compliance. Provides recommendations for approval of derogations / dispensations.
- Identify and lead engineering peer reviews to assure the integrity of pipeline engineering across Spirit Energy when requested
- Delivering the technical authority framework for Pipeline Engineering
- Manage the Pipeline and Subsea knowledge network for Spirit Energy to ensure best practice and key learnings are shared across the company.
- Manage competence assurance for the Pipeline engineering disciplines across Spirit Energy.
Key knowledge and experience?
- The job holder must possess extensive knowledge of Pipeline practices and legislation, which would be underpinned by experience at a senior level position in the energy or chemical industry
- Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation, including block diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs Data Sheets, Cause & Effect charts and safety critical elements
Competencies & Skills
- Significant experience in client/operator roles in the management of contractors with active involvement in the application of quality assurance and quality control: including reviewing calculations, philosophies and designs. Active participation in reviews and in particular risk and hazard assessment activities with the ability to resolve complex problems in a range of contexts from conceptual design to operational facilities
- Brings groups of diverse individuals together
- Develops focused and high performing teams
- Challenges, supports and inspires others to achieve their full potential
- Drives innovative solutions and pace
- Provides direction and stretching objectives for the team
- Understands overall business strategy, and up-skills team to deliver
- The prefered candidate will hold an Engineering degree and be a Chartered Engineer
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?
Spirit Energy are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and welcomes all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following; race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.