Are you an experienced Plant Electrical Technician with excellent communication?
Are you a teamwork player with the ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works?
Do you have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the health and safety policy and procedures?
H3AT are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can provide excellent Electrical support for all Active Gas Handling Systems & Key Safety Related Equipment.
This will involve all aspects of the role from testing to de-commissioning of AGHS control & instrumentation systems e.g. Exhaust Detritiation System (AGHS KSRE) Electrical repair & maintenance.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
-Ensuring wiring diagrams are correct & up to date
-Provide electrical support to sub system responsible officers
-Willing to train to become radiation classified worker
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- HNC, City & Guilds or equivalent in Electrical engineering
- 17th Edition IEE wiring regulations
- Good ICT, written & oral communication skills
- Nominated Person Electrical Appointment
- Will be required to become a radiation and beryllium worker (training will be provided)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD would be beneficial
-This role may require you to work shifts
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- Initial interviews will be held on 20th March 2019.
- As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role, please discuss with the hiring manager or HR if you have any concerns.