Field Application Engineer
Intel PSG (Programmable Solutions Group) are looking for an outstanding engineer to join our team to support our growing portfolio of algorithmic acceleration solutions for high-performance computing. As a Field Application Engineer (FAE) in the sales organization, you will be responsible for showing the customer how Intel PSG Acceleration workloads, FPGAs and Intellectual Property can be used to meet the customers system requirement and then assist the customer with their developments using our high level language flows.
In this role, you will be expected to take the customer system requirements and use Intel PSG solutions to develop proof of concepts that can be used by a customer to evaluate our technology and then as a starting point for their design. You will also be expected to provide on-site customer support and training as needed to ensure the customer is successful when using our technology. This role will have a significant engineering component, so it would also suit an engineer or application engineer who has an interest in moving into a sales role.
We value technical excellence, customer focus, professionalism and teamwork.
Your specific role will include the following responsibilities but will not be limited to :
- Engage with our customer's high level system architects and key decision makers to understand their systems applications and requirements
- Develop “proof of concepts” or reference designs to demonstrate how FPGAs can be used to accelerate their applications and influence the customer to use our technology
- Align with the key influencers both at Intel and the customer's technical staff to coordinate design support and technical training
- Demonstrate teamwork and ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Ensure that Intel's roadmap is aligned with our customers long-term requirements by being an internal advocate for their product and support needs
"Must Have” skillset/work experience :
- BS in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Strong background in programming languages (OpenCL, Cuda, SYCL or C++)
- Good understanding of how to map mathematical algorithms into hardware (Processor, GPU, DSP, FPGA)
- Experience in FPGA, ASIC, or digital design
- Proficiency in the use of FPGA development tool
- Available for regular business travel required around the world
“Nice to have” skillset/work experience :
- MSEE, MSCS, or MS in Computer Engineering
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.