Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer - Spirit Energy
Senior Mechanical Integrity Engineer - Role Overview
This is an exciting opportunity for a technically strong and credible Mechanical Integriy Engineer to join our team here in Aberdeen. Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Lead (Offshore), this role supports the offshore assets, providing front line Pressure Systems & Structural engineering support with the aim of executing effective inspection and repair activities.
What will you be doing in your new role?
This is a varied operational role with responsibility of budget management, planning the RBI programmes and ensuring active engagement with the site execution teams.
- Act as focal point for troubleshooting of pressure systems / structural integrity issues
- Day to day management & oversight of 3rd party inspection services ensuring delivery of inspection plan
- Support the single IRM lead with the Subsea Inspection Repair & Maintenance
- Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within/below budget.
- Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service.
- Engage and participate in any operational improvement process (HAZOPS / HAZIDS) to optimize discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
- Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis.
Key Knowledge and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will have proven experience within an E&P environment, have robust operational knowledge and understanding and significant experience in NDT, RBI and Asset Integrity.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Mechanical, Materials or other appropriate Engineering subject. Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is also preferred.
Competencies and Skills
In addition to demonstrable technical competence, we are seeking an individual who works collaboratively, seeks innovation and efficiency and drives effective delivery.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
- Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
- Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations.
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable.
Spirit Energy is one of Europe's top independent oil & gas exploration and production companies. It was formed by a joint venture in 2017 between Centrica's Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge.
We strive for high performance and embrace diversity. We support flexible working hours and part-time working. On top of that we also offer 12 flex days per year in addition to annual leave entitlement. Have you got Spirit?
Spirit Energy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and welcomes all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds. All applicants will be considered for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to the following; race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.