Naval Architect - Competitive Salary - Portsmouth
At QinetiQ we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Designing and testing innovative naval systems and components. We test and design naval mission systems for the likes of the Ministry of Defence (MOD), Royal Navy and BAE Systems. Our customers come to us for a battle-winning edge. We're at the forefront of the ever-changing naval landscape, thanks to our extensive network of research partners and our constant testing, assessment and optimisation of systems and components for safety and efficiency.
We are looking for enthusiastic marine professionals to help us deliver our growing portfolio of work. High-calibre, experienced candidates with a proven track record of project naval architectural or marine engineering technical leadership in the commercial or defence sectors should apply. We deliver a wide range of services from hydrodynamic model testing analysis, vessel design and consultancy with a strategy to grow our current customer base and develop our in-house capability. We are looking for positive and dynamic individuals who can take ownership of challenging and varied projects to strengthen our existing team.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Delivery of the specification, conduct and analysis of hydrodynamic model experiments is an advantage but not essential
- Delivery of the specification, design, general arrangement, construction and introduction into service of commercial or defence vessels
- Delivery of ship/submarine stability, powering, manoeuvring and structural assessment
- Delivery of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for marine vessels and appendages
- Competent in the use of stability software - ideally Paramarine™ or NAPA
- Competent in the use of MAXSURF, AutoCAD and Rhinoceros
- Good awareness of design for production and value engineering particularly requirements and specification
- Understanding of design development of vessels and systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Commercial and/or naval industry
Please click to apply!