Technology Manager - Innovation & Growth
Technology Manager (Innovation & Growth)
Do you want to be part of a talented and highly successful team, where you will be able to contribute to the creation of a technology vision for the Rochester Business Centre?
A key vacancy has arisen within our Innovation & Growth Team at Rochester for a Technology Manager.
In this future focused role you will be a key enabler for innovation within the Rochester, providing vital leadership in Research and Technology, in support of Engineering, other functions, product groups and the strategic growth team.
Reporting to the Innovation and Growth Leader, your main responsibilities as a will involve:
- Lead and own the strategy for our customer-funded R&D bids and projects relevant to the role, notably for the research customers cited above
- Help to drive process improvement relating to technology management
- Contribute to our Integrated Business Planning relating to R&T
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with relevant counterparts across BAE Systems
- Work with the Engineering Product Realisation Groups and the Product Lines to ensure we have comprehensive and consistent technology strategies, which are captured within roadmaps and communicated to stakeholders
- Develop and exploit external technology relationships with; academic/learned institutions, research establishments, government bodies, technology companies and technology points of contact in other parts of BAE Systems. This will include our key relationships with Dstl, the Aerospace Technology Institute and the Industrial Avionics Working Group.
Key objectives of these relationship are to:
- Facilitate the closure of our technology gaps
- Identify discriminating or disruptive technology
- Identify and secure funding opportunities in support of our innovation and technology strategy
- Ensure that we are well respected in the UK technology community and, where possible, influential with respect to the national research agenda
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience and understanding of research and technology, with an ability to take a high-level view on behalf of the Business
- Have gained experience within a similar strategic role with a R&T or Technology focus
- Ability to work effectively with and gain buy-in from numerous stakeholders across a business
- Degree or equivalent in a STEM discipline
- Technology strategy and road-mapping
- Technology intelligence and acquisition techniques and practice
- Experience of interfacing with R&T stakeholders at senior level
- Experience identifying next generation technologies
What we're looking for in you:
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills
- A strategic thinker
- Passionate about technology
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.