Graduate Engineer - Engineering Solutions
Our Engineering Consultancy Service focuses on vehicle electrical, electronics and software design, development and integration. We support automotive manufacturers with innovative engineering solutions from vehicle concept through to after sales and diagnostics services.
Our Graduate Programme offers you responsibility for delivering turn-key projects on behalf of our wide customer base.
A career with Continental will give you the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects. You will become a key contributor to a project team supporting our customers, who are prestige car manufacturers.
Areas of Opportunity
- Electrical and electronics system engineering
- In-vehicle network system design and development Electrical Distribution System (EDS) design and development
- Diagnostics and after-sales support solutions
- System and functional Integration
- Aftermarket fit accessories integration
In Joining Continental
- You will be at the forefront of automotive technology implementation for our Client’s vehicle programmes
- You will be part of a well-established company that has shown consistent growth and profitability.
- You will be part of a professional environment where there will be on-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- You will be given a buddy to assist you in your day-to-day work life and a mentor with whom you will have regular meetings to guide you through the early years of your career.
Our two-year graduate engineering programme will take you on a journey of great professional and personal development. You will be applying your academic knowledge in a practical environment and gaining hands on experience in real workplace situations.
We have a dedicated team who will provide you with the support you need to get the most out of your programme and develop an exceptional career with Continental.
Your first few weeks will be spent visiting our numerous customer and Continental sites across the UK. You will be given a comprehensive introduction to the company and your business area, before settling into your place of work.
- A degree in Electrical engineering
- Interest or experience in Automotive/motorsport engineering
- Software design – scripting
- High Voltage training or awareness
- Communication networks CAN, LIN and Flexray
- EDS – Electrical distribution systems – Power systems engineering
- Powertrain engineering – combustion engines or electrical machines.
What we offer
- You will be assigned a buddy, who you work alongside on a day-to-day basis. This person will offer you support specifically relevant to your role and your working environment.
- Support to gain professional accreditation.
- Events giving you the opportunity to network with other graduates and employees across the business. Seminars and training to aid with your professional and personal development.
- You will be assigned a mentor with whom you will have regular meetings. They will offer advice and coaching to guide you through the early years of your career.
- Team building activities with other graduates.
- The opportunity to give regular feedback on the programme and your progress to senior management. You will be encouraged to keep a learning journal, recording your thoughts and feelings of your programme.
Graduates joining us will receive a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
During your first 2 years you will have regular reviews with your manager and receive incremental salary increases subject to performance.
At the end of the 2 year programme if all targets are met you can expect to be on an attractive salary as an experienced engineer.
We have operations in the following locations:
• Basildon, Essex • Crewe, Cheshire • Gaydon, Warwickshire • Coventry, Warwickshire
Any one of these locations could be your place of work, however it is most likely you will be placed from Birmingham, Coventry, Gaydon or Crewe as these are our key customer sites.
Specific work locations will be discussed with you on an individual basis.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Interior division specializes in information management. It develops and produces information, communication and network solutions for cars and commercial vehicles. This enables and optimizes the control of the complex flow of information between the driver, passengers and the vehicle as well as mobile devices, other vehicles and the outside world. To achieve this, the division is involved in cross-sector collaborations with leading companies.