Computing Technical Engineer
The selected candidate will join the operation and support activities of the Filesystems and Data Operations (FDO) section of the ST Group.
As a Computing Technical Engineer, you will:
- Install and operate the storage services for the CERN laboratory and experiments.
- Support the CERN storage services (user support and incident response) including the participation of on-call duties.
- Maintain/improve system documentation (procedures; regular reports; incident analysis; user documentation) together with other members of the FDO section.
- Contribute to the evolution of the CERN storage services (service evolution, service or data migration).
The candidate should have demonstrated practical experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Linux and Windows operating system administration.
- In-depth practical experience in scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
The following additional experience would be an asset:
- Disk hardware technologies (SAS/SATA HD, SSD); global filesystems or object stores; external storage networking.
- Linux cluster management, automation and monitoring tools.
- Database technologies (SQL).
- Knowledge of system configuration tools.
- Knowledge and deployment of computing hardware.
- Installation, operation and maintenance (preventive and corrective) of computing systems.
- Operation and maintenance (preventive and corrective) of storage systems.