Senior Mechanical Engineer
About Recycling Technologies
If you are looking for a dynamic and exciting workplace that provides a great team environment, where you can contribute to making a real difference, Recycling Technologies is the place for you.
Plastics is a fantastic material but at the end of its life only 10% is recycled – the rest is burnt, buried or lost into the environment. Recycling Technologies is changing the story of plastics by enabling more plastic waste to be recycled into valuable resources thereby keeping plastics in the circular economy and out of our oceans.
We have developed an innovative modular machine to chemically recycle plastic waste back into a valuable petroleum raw material, for use as a feedstock in new plastics production, waxes and fuels. Using a chemical approach to recycling, no plastic gets left behind. Using a modular approach to process design, we harness the power of mass production to scale up quickly and cost effectively.
The company has commissioned a near-full scale test plant and is now ready to begin commercial operations and establish the systems for mass manufacturing of its flagship RT7000 machine.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall join the team responsible for the design of RT’s commercial scale plant, the RT7000, and shall play a leading role in the development of RT’s near commercial scale plant, the Beta Plant and RT’s bench scale unit, the Mark II.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you should have a broad range of experience of all stages of a project, from conceptual studies to FEEDs and Detailed Design. You will have a proven track record of working on projects of different sizes and experience working with other disciplines such as Safety, Process, Civil, Structural, Construction / Manufacturing and Commissioning teams. You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team.
- To design and manage the design of major plant mechanical equipment including rotating, static & package equipment) throughout the FEED, Detailed Engineering Design, Procurement, and Construction phases.
- To have single-point responsibility for all Mechanical Equipment deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable international engineering codes and standards as well as RT standards.
- To prepare Functional Specification for major equipment, review supplier / vendor proposals and documentation, and co-ordination with various other disciplines for data inputs.
- To provide technical input in the development of the 3D mechanical design / 3D model.
- To provide technical assistance, coordination and liaison with other discipline engineers on all aspects of Engineering / technical matters and audits.
- To participate in all project safety and design / HAZOP / HAZID & constructability reviews as necessary
- To participate in Equipment Fabrication workshop activities such as Material inspection, stage inspection, Welding, Painting, NDT inspection & Final inspection.
- To provide technical support to maintenance and operation team, carried out trouble shooting and resolving chronic problems, which required more in depth investigation.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To co-ordinate with equipment suppliers / vendors to resolve plant design issue relating design, manufacturing, maintenance, shipment, installation.
- To prepare Engineering Reports on project activities/methods.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to equipment engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability in an engineering design company
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Experience of participation in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating studies
- Experience with Concept, FEED and Detailed Design
- Experience with various mechanical equipment suppliers / vendors.
Apply for Senior Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly