Design Integration Lead (Revit & AutoCAD)
Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and delivering on designing and implementing state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and internationally.
In order to be able to achieve this, our Technical Design and Integration team is growing and we're looking for a Design Integration Lead (Revit and AutoCAD) to join us. This individual will be responsible for leading a CAD design team to provide design solutions for new CFC projects - a truly rewarding position that is integral to the success of our new business ventures!
- Lead a project CAD design team to create Distribution Warehouse MHE Drawings/layouts
- Responsible for the post concept design solution and ensuring all elements integrate together effectively (e.g. the layout of MHE equipment, facilities infrastructure operational interfaces and their integration of related systems across sites)
- Integrate internal and external drawings to produce a suite of drawings fit for production/installation
- Ensure concepts and design ideas are translated into engineered system designs
- Operate document control process and ensure compliance
- Work with wider teams to deliver acceptable designs and solutions within a time critical environment
- Work effectively with outside resources (e.g. design subcontractors) and notify line manager when supplementary capacity/skills may be required
- Work alongisde Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality and Design Assurance to ensure a safe and reliable installation
- Implement the requirements of relevant National, European and International standards on system and site design
- Support CAD engineering process, procedure and document control
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal
- A Mechanical, Architectural or Structural design discipline to HND or Degree level, or experience working in a relevant Mechanical/Architectural or Structural environment
- A background in one or more of the following:
- Architecture - background in Industrial Architecture Warehousing/Distribution design would be an advantage
- Structural Engineering - background in Structural Steel preferred, experience with Steel Mezzanine structures
- Mechanical Engineering in MHE in the FMCG Industry - experience in a design engineering department
- Proficient (and with demonstrable practical experience) in both Autodesk Revit 3D and AutoCAD 2D (Inventor and/or Solidworks experience will also be considered)
- Identifying and implementing improvement and development opportunities
- Understanding of related design principles.
Preferred skills (in addition to minimum):
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware
- The ability to carry out engineering and/or structural calculations using one or more of the following:
- Long Hand.
- Structural Analysis for Revit (Autodesk)
- Robot Structural Analysis Professional (Autodesk)
- Understanding and knowledge of Building M&E Services
- Trimble (Google) SketchUp knowledge
- Google Docs and/or MS Office
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.