Senior Production Engineer (Erith)
Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and internationally.
The Product Development team is instrumental in the design, testing and manufacturing of these innovative engineering solutions and due to our continual growth, we're now looking for a Senior Production Engineer to join us.
The Production Engineering team sits within the wider Product Development department, and is responsible for resolving engineering issues on Ocado's products from handover to end-of-life. This could include working on the grid, robots, peripherals, maintenance areas, crash protection and recovery systems (to name a few!) - the work done making a tangible difference to the success and profitability of Ocado as a business.
Please note that this role is based at our Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) in Erith.
- Managing a small team of engineers
- Providing a containment for and resolving design based issues with electromechanical equipment in our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs)
- Ensuring the solution provided is fully tested
- Documenting tests appropriately and presenting findings
- Negotiating resource for testing and assistance from other departments
- Stakeholder management (including but not limited to the project management, design and technical teams)
- Working with the current project design team to have drawings made and ensure design continuity
- Ensuring all works undertaken are done safely and that any changes being made do not affect compliance adversely
- Meeting agreed delivery timescales
- An engineering/science qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Personnel management experience
- Strong problem solving skills (Six Sigma qualification or training would be beneficial)
- Strong data capture and analysis skills and use of appropriate software tools
- Engineering skills to resolve mechanical/electrical/electronics/manufacturing/reliability issues (working in conjunction with relevant teams)
- Experience and ability to manage internal design and engineering resource as well as external suppliers
- Ability to communicate progress in a structured manner to an audience of varying technical levels
- Understanding of product reliability and reliability testing
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
More searches like this
- Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Electronics Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Mechanical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer