Ocado have recently signed 4 high value and large scale international deals, we now focus on getting in the high calibre of staff needed to build and support the infrastructure around these and continue to change the way the world shops.
We are looking for someone talented to take real ownership for a product and to maintain in depth product knowledge as we expand and establish further sites.
If you have a strong attention to detail and provide technical and people management then please apply.
What is the job about?
The realisation engineer takes automation engineering project management accountability to make a new CFC a reality. They are accountable for the delivery of all central automation aspects (TDI, MSC, Product Engineering & Engineering Planning). They are the central conduit for all automation engineering aspects of a new CFC. This is delivered by using matrix resources from automation engineering teams and working with colleagues in other departments. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new CFC be in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the realisation engineer remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live’. This is not a role for a project manager, this requires an engineer that can project manager who understands and get get hands on with automation engineering detail.
What will I be doing?
- Be the link and liaison between teams based at different locations and time zones
- Create and maintain project technical documentation
- Communication & reporting across teams and to project stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan especially during technical design and manufacturing phases.
- Ensure projects stay on budget and meet engineering specification
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget, contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Support Automation Engineering Implementation
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance or international equivalent, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated ACOPs) and internal (CDM15, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
- Workflow management of cross functional teams
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
- Work closely with product engineers who provide product technical detail and support to projects
Maintain both engineering and project best practice and standards
What experience do you want me to have?
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using project software
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes standards etc (eg machinery directive)
- Work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Experienced with managing remote teams
- Familiarisation with CAD (sketchup, Autocad, Revit etc)
International working experience
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
To read more about The Ocado Way and please click here.
What are those extensive benefits you keep bragging about?
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.