Electrical Design Engineer
Ocado’s Product Development team is revolutionising the next wave of automation within engineering and we're looking for a talented Electrical Design Engineer to join us.
This role will be responsible for the design of electrical machines and systems for products that are required for Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).
- Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment for AC & DC systems
- Designing automated machines, their sub-systems or their components using control systems, machinery systems and sub-systems
- Specifying and selecting electrical components, for EU and International applications
- Power calculations and budgeting
- Conducting and participating design review for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs
- Design of robotic cells and pick and place systems
- Solving engineering problems plus relevant investigation activities, and present root cause analysis and solutions
- Supporting the transfer to a contract manufacturer for machines with large production volumes
- Setting electrical engineering best practice within the R&D Team
- Be able to review design outputs from both internal and external design resources
- Advising on test procedures and test rigs
- Support development of design verification test plans
- Ability to select standard components and design automation products
- Experience on working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications globally
- Demonstrated evidence of working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience of developing products to medium manufacturing volumes
- Experience of full product development lifecycle
- Software - EPLAN, Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and Visio
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience of simulation of electrical systems
- Experience working with Matlab
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
To read more about The Ocado Way and please click here.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This role may require travel to other sites.