Electrical CAD Engineer
Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing its own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and internationally!
Due to this recent growth and success, our Product Development team, who is responsible for and instrumental in the design, testing and manufacture of our innovative solutions, is growing rapidly and we're looking for a talented Electrical CAD Engineer to join us.
This role will be responsible for systematically creating CAD drawings and relevant documentation of electrical machines and systems, for products that are required in our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).
- Production of electrical CAD drawings in EPLAN Electric P8
- Accurate production and update of Single Line, schematic and wiring diagrams
- Taking mark-ups from design engineers and both producing and coordinating as-installed CAD drawings in EPLAN for review
- Creation of electrical wiring schematics and panel/wiring drawings, control panel general arrangements and layouts, cable block diagrams, Cable/termination schedules
- Involvement in producing Bill of Materials, FDS, preparation and execution of documentation
- Producing electrical schematics to the IEC 61082 standard
- Familiar with BS7671, cable colours, cable sizing, terminal numbering
- Competent to review Panel build against drawings
- Participating in design and design document reviews for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs
Minimum skills/experience required:
- HND or degree in Engineering
- Advanced EPLAN user (P8, Propanel)
- Experience working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications
- Experience of full product development lifecycle
- Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Active experience on DFMEA, PFMEA
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Demonstrated evidence of working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience of simulation of electrical systems
- Experience of working with Matlab
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.