Electronics Design Engineer
Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and delivering on designing and implementing state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and internationally.
The Product Development team is revolutionising when it comes to the engineering solutions and automation within our CFCs and we're now looking for a talented Electronics Design Engineer to join us. This position will be responsible for the design of electronic boards and systems for products required in Ocado's CFCs.
- Create circuit schematics and layout multi-layer PCBs using Altium CAD
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout with SMT and through-hole devices
- Development of power, digital and analogue circuits and systems for high voltage, low voltage circuits, analogue digital & microcontroller based circuits and power electronics circuits
- Compliance with EMC and Low Voltage directives and other standards (e.g. environmental)
- Choosing appropriate components, justifying the design by analysis and testing
- Development and maintenance of digital/analogue circuitry and Embedded software code
- Investigate field and production issues then implement the necessary changes if needed
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products
- Product integration, Verification and Validation including component testing, system testing, performance testing, test planning and documentation
- Systems definition and Design
Minimum skills/experience required:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering (or related subject)
- Previous experience in an electronics design or production environment
- Experience with practical analogue and digital hardware
- Use of small power tools (e.g. soldering equipment etc)
- Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Knowledge of DFMEA/PFMEA
- Microsoft Visio
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.