Product Development Buyer
Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and delivering on designing and implementing state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and internationally.
The Product Development (PD) team is revolutionising when it comes to the engineering solutions and automation within our CFCs and we're now looking for a talented Product Development Buyer to join us.
This position will be instrumental in providing cost-saving initiatives, quality improvement and lead time reductions, and will also be responsible for supporting the procurement of prototype parts and assemblies for the development team.
- Source 'best in class' products for competitive prices from reliable vendors
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Work with various development teams to support procurement and implement new product development projects
- Support PD Procurement Lead with increasing supplier quality
- Review approved prototype/development supplier list and identify risks/requirements
- Support PD Procurement Lead with legal contracts and negotiation of commercial terms
- Determine material and part requirements and shortages
- Track and maintain proper levels of stocked inventory for live projects
- Cross reference invoice and purchase order validity
- Produce regular reports on saving and delivery performance
- Initiate and implement process improvement initiatives
- Support PD Procurement Lead with transition of products from prototype to production
- Supplier relationship management (including organising supplier visits)
Minimum experience required:
- Experience in procurement, buying, inventory mangement and/or logistics
- Experience working with large data sets and ability to analyse data
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (Proficient in other MS applications)
- Experience in negotiation tactics and tactical buying
- Commercial awareness
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience of manufacturing processes
- Engineering experience
- Experience in managing a complex bill of materials
- CIPS (or working towards)
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.