Mechanical Design Change Engineer
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer, revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK and continually reporting double digit growth. Our Product Development Team is developing its own technology and engineering solutions, allowing the business to open multiple sites at an accelerating rate with exciting new business partnerships.
A fantastic new opportunity has come up within the team for a Mechanical Design Change Engineer. This role will be responsible for enabling Ocado to retain UK sector lead and grow nationally and internationally through the development of new automation products and equipment.
- Analysis of Change Impact
- Update/change of existing design documentation, including 3D CAD models, 2D Drawings and BOMs
- Update/change of related meta-data within a PDM or PLM environment
- Running CCB meetings including generation of agenda, minutes & approval records
- Reporting on change process KPI
Minimum skills/experience required:
- A good Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A proven track record of the Design Change process and change management tools
- Expert in CAD: Solidworks (experience of Autodesk Inventor would also be advantageous)
- Practical experience and thorough knowledge of BS8888 and associated standards
- Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints
- Process & detail orientated and disciplined in applying defined processes and standards
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.