Senior Site Engineer
Senior Site Engineer
Would you like to further your engineering career at our prestigious submarine facility in Barrow-in-Furness? We currently have several engineering vacancies in support of an emerging new department responsible for governance of the Barrow site facilities, plant equipment and associated infrastructure.
In these roles you will have the engineering authority and technical ownership for assigned areas/ systems to ensure that asset condition and performance is understood and controlled in line with business policy. This will involve managing present and future asset performance covering all the stages of a system/facility lifecycle across Projects, Operations and Maintenance.
This role will offer good exposure to a variety of challenging projects across the site and interaction with a wide range of stakeholders as we ensure the site facilities and production equipment are meeting expected performance demands from the basis of design and business requirements. You will have the chance to further your engineering career, working on high value, complex programmes, alongside future promotion opportunities in technical leadership or engineering/project management.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Site Engineer will involve:
- Managing the configuration and assessment/ controlling of any proposals for modification or new build projects
- Determining the condition of the asset and its ability to meet the safety case, regulatory standards, business needs and future obligations
- Preparing system, area or equipment health dashboards or reports to demonstrate present and target asset performance (safety and operational)
- Determining availability, reliability, single point vulnerabilities and risks associated for critical systems in areas of responsibility
- Supporting the investigation of events to identify and correct the root causes affecting asset performance
- Defining maintenance strategies and condition survey assessments
- Leading improvements and identifying any refurbishment, enhancement or replacement strategies and ensuring these are delivered to the correct standard
- Understanding and owning system performance, condition, trending, life-cycle planning, ensuring that assets are safe, reliable, and predictable to meet the site short and long term operational needs which will ultimately drive the Asset Management plans for the site (Maintenance, Operations and Projects)The roles will span a range of engineering disciplines including: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Process Engineering, Asset Management, Systems Engineering, Improvements Engineers, (typically with Lean Manufacturing skills)
Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Site Engineer:
- Asset management experience
- Degree level qualified (in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline) or HNC/HND with equivalent experience
- Experience within one of the following engineering domains: Civil, Electrical/ Instruments or Mechanical Engineering
- IT Skills including MS Project, Word, Excel
- Lean manufacturing skills or similar continuous improvement skills
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent leadership and problem-solving skills. Your written and verbal communications skills will help you build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to influence and drive equipment related standards/improvements.
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Maritime - Submarines
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
The Astute class will equip the Royal Navy with its largest and most capable generation of attack submarines. We are responsible for the design, build, test and commissioning of these state-of-the-art vessels. In total, seven boats will make up the fleet, each weighing a mighty 7,400 tonnes.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.