5 days left
- Job Type
Would you like to be working on the latest technology within commercial and military platforms?
An amazing opportunity exist to join our highly talented engineering team in the role of Hardware Engineer.
As a member of this dedicated expert team, you will be responsible for the design and verification of digital &/or analogue electronic solutions.
As a Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for;
- Executing hardware design tasks in accordance with the hardware development plan, whilst meeting agreed timescales and allocated budgets.
- Conducting hardware requirements capture, preliminary design, detailed design including a range of analysis tasks.
- Conducting hardware requirements definition and hardware design architecture options evaluation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working knowledge & experience of digital &/or analogue electronics technologies; design tools and techniques, electronic circuits design, schematic capture, design analysis, design documentation, commissioning and integration.
- Ability to work in small teams throughout the development lifecycle, with an appreciation of cost and schedule constraints on designs.
Design Tools: Familiarisation of the following tools would be advantageous:
- Mentor Graphics Expedition Enterprise,
- System development tools, e.g. Enterprise Architect, Matlab, Simulink,
- Requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS.
What we are looking for in you:
- A self-starter, capable of managing own work.
- Ability to offer an innovative approach to working practices.
- Relishes challenges, shows initiative, demonstrates positive attitude and manages emotions.
- Actively seeks guidance/advice as necessary.
- Able to work within given timescales and budgets; ability to report progress.
Location: Rochester, Kent UK
Salary: £Highly competitive
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.