Senior Factory Acceptance Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Reporting to the General Dynamics Land Systems Factor Acceptance Manager a Senior Factory Acceptance Test Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) through direct programme support and delegated through reporting FAT team. The role covers the generation and management of the various vehicle test instructions plus carrying out the FAT on the completed vehicles and boxed parts.
- Generation and management of FAT documentation ensuring all aspects are compliant with agreed requirements i.e. visual inspection, functional testing, vehicle testing etc.
- Act as a guide / mentor for all junior members of the team, providing decision making guidance where guidelines and precedents do not exist.
- Responsible for the approval and generation of FAT Plans.
- Act as the point of contact between MoD and GDUK with regard to issues identified during MoD General Acceptance Testing
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the FAT activity area.
- Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans.
- Review of key programme plans and documents including sub-contractor produced FAT documents.
- Liaise with Programme Quality Engineers to ensure that sub contracted activities such as FAT are undertaken in accordance with the sub contracted requirements.
- Plan and conduct FAT activities to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company.
- Generate weekly and monthly FAT metrics.
- Support the analysis of FAT non-conformances to establish trends and root cause analysis
- Generation of test instructions
- Knowledge and experience in relation to vehicle testing
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Word, Excel etc
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.