Production Line Supervisor (Foxhound)
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
To supervise the day to day running of the Vehicle production line and up to 20 associated operatives in the GDLSUK facility in Merthyr Tydfil.
- To provide supervision for the day to day activities of the Foxhound vehicle uplift production line enabling it to deliver, assembly and testing of complex military vehicles on time to cost and quality.
- To plan, coordinate, prioritise and control production line activities and manufacturing processes to deliver product on-time to cost and quality schedule.
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to company and legislative requirements, processes and procedures. Lead the team to implement a culture of safety and improvement.
- Monitor assigned work activities to ensure required completion dates are met.
- Provide accurate daily/weekly/monthly status updates on all work activities within the assigned areas.
- Lead through lean manufacture to achieve operational excellence in safety, quality, utilisation, yield and cost management. Actively identify and implement process improvements and best practice throughout the operation.
- Through excellent leadership skills and coaching, develop a culture of continuous improvement and performance excellence.
- Coordinate operative recruitment, selection, training and development. Manage performance, absence, work assignments, recognition and reward, disciplinary actions.
- Use effective coaching techniques to train and develop the production team.
- Maintain robust compliance with: GDLSUK policies, Trade Compliance (ITAR), ISO procedures, security and safety regulations and industrial training requirements.
- Maintain favourable working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Liaise with other Production Supervisors to ensure cross line learning and improvement.
- Goal oriented, with the ability to work under demanding conditions
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, organizational, coaching, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated lean manufacture and operational excellence skills
- IT Microsoft office, MRP systems user. Preferred ORACLE
- University degree or recognised College diploma in Manufacturing or Business Administration or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience. Production experience preferably in a low volume high product value environment.
- Preferred Experience of military vehicle build, maintenance or use
- Must be able to cover shifts, as or if required
- Previous manufacturing experience in a unionised environment
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.