Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Want to join a world-leading online grocery retailer with a pioneering business model?
Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing its own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and internationally!
Due to this rapid growth, our Product Development team is now looking for a talented Workshop Manager. This position will be repsonsible for building and managing Ocado's technical capability in test fixture building/assembly, prototype build and component metrology.
They will also need to recruit and manage a team of technicians, identify new equipment and capability needs and find solutions with a mixture of internal and external resource.
- Creating capital equipment justification
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and up keep of capital equipment
- Create a pool of internal/external resource to support the "hands on build" capability for the Product Development team
- Prioritise workload in conjunction with the stakeholders, setting and meeting achievable deadlines
- Responsible for the creation and adherence to safe practices of work within workshop and build area
- Identifying external resources where needed, engaging them and managing their delivery schedule and quality of work
- Responsible for providing build resource for the full lifecycle of projects based on the project needs this will rigs, jigs and fixtures, prototype, trail and pre-production build support
- Support SOP creation based on learnings from build
- Responsible for providing formal feedback reports to design team and manufacturing development team during prototype build
Minimum skills/experience required:
- Hands on engineering experience (e.g. engineering apprenticeship/engineering degree with additional practical exposure)
- Experience in managing a team of technicians
- Experience in outsourcing work and manging delivery
- Experience in acquiring and commissioning equipment
- Knowledge and experience of various measurement techniques from basic hand measurement to CMM capability
- Experience in creating safe systems of work
- Experience in managing deliveries to multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping techniques such as 3D printing, SLS, RIM and metal sintering
- Experience in the creation of work instructions
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.